Australian Resilient Flooring Association (ARFA)
ARFA is the peak industry body in Australia representing Resilient Floor and Wallcoverings.
The key purposes of ARFA are:
- to advance, encourage and protect the interests of the industry in Australia;
- to establish and maintain contact with Government, regulatory authorities and other influential stakeholders in matters affecting the welfare of the industry;
- to stimulate public confidence and interest in the industry;
- to be actively engaged in the development of schemes to enable adequate training of future technical (and other) participants in the industry; and
- to arrange the collation of statistical data and other information to assist in the development of the market.
Current ARFA initiatives underway include:
- Commencement of a review to update AS1884: 2012 through Standards Australia by ARFA’s Technical Committee;
- Support for the Vinyl Industry Recycling Strategy now trialing the recycling of post-consumer vinyl flooring waste in Australia;
- Founding membership of the Australian Flooring Industry Alliance, comprising of ARFA, the Carpet Institute of Australia, the Australasian Timber Flooring Association, the Tile & Tilers Industry Association Australia and the Resin Floors Association. Through this body, ARFA plans to channel its support for an industry training initiative now underway in both the TAFE and private sectors.
- Confidential, third party collation and aggregation of industry statistics for provision to members.
- Association membership of the Vinyl Council of Australia for access to the PVC Stewardship Program, Best Practice PVC accreditation and other industry advocacy and services.
Further initiatives soon to commence include developing an Industry Code of Practice.
ARFA membership is available to any company that manufactures and/or imports and distributes resilient flooring and wallcoverings to the Australian market and that supports the purposes of the Association. Associate membership is welcomed from those companies supplying services or accessories to the industry.
Join the Association by contacting ARFA's Secretariat on 03 9510 1711.