The VCA have secured the services of Proffesor T Richard Hull, of the Centre for Fire & Hazard Science at the University of Central Lancashire, to present a short course on ‘The Hazards from Fire: Quantification of Fire Behaviour, Fire Retardance & Fire Toxicity” during April 2023.
Find out more and register here!
This intensive 4-day course has been designed to introduce scientists and engineers to the fundamentals of fire behaviour, and will include:
- Introduction to Fires and Fire Science: Flames, Fire Growth, Ignition, Flame Reactions.
- Polymer Decomposition Mechanisms and how it’s studied
- Interpretation of Thermal Analysis and Cone calorimetry data.
- Measurement of Flammability and interpretation of results
- Large-Scale tests (SBI, ISO 9705, Façade tests) and interpretation of results
- Fire Retardants: Types, Performance & Sustainability
- Fire Hazards: Heat, Smoke, Asphyxiants and Irritants, and,
- Lessons from Real Fires
Registration fees for the 4-day course are $1,870 for VCA members and $2,470 for non-members exc. gst. This includes the full course and catering for all four days including the formal Course dinner on Wednesday 19th April, as well as lecture notes and a certificate of attendance after completion of the course.
To find out more about what the course will cover, please CLICK HERE.